[sdiy] Tellun Neural Agonizer Question

Romeo Fahl romeo.fahl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:22:40 CET 2009

I finally got mine working, and for the most part am very, very happy
with it. It's got a very clean sound, lots of headroom, and does far
more than any other spring reverb out there.

One thing that I'm trying to figure out is how to tame its distortion.
If the drive pot is turned up beyond a certain threshold, some really
nasty clipping kicks in. I've determined that the distortion is not
happening in the "Drive" circuitry, so I'm assuming that it's starting
somewhere in the feedback loop. One thing that I want to try is to
swap out the TL072 and OPA275s with BA4558s to see if that softens the
distortion a bit. If that doesn't do it, I may try figuring out some
sort of simple limiter circuit to kludge into the module.

To those of you that have built a NA, did yours have a distortion
problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Romeo