[sdiy] Dual/quad opamp bleed-through

David G. Dixon dixon at interchange.ubc.ca
Sun Feb 1 08:16:49 CET 2009

Well, as it happens, I messed up, and the interference is occurring over the
audible range after all, so I guess I believe all the advice I've been
given.

Also, thanks for the tip about the tri-2-sin converter for the idle half of
the LM13700; I had thought of that.  It's just that the two-BJT diff-amp
solution in the VCO-1 is so elegant, works so well, and is so much cheaper
to implement, that I was hoping to find another good use for an OTA within
the context of a VCO.  However, if I use the other half as a sine shaper,
then this frees up an opamp and gives the circuit a smaller footprint, so
I'll give it a try.  I'll just co-opt the sine shaper in Ray Wilson's VCO
circuit (thanks, Ray!).

David G. Dixon
Professor
Department of Materials Engineering
University of British Columbia
309-6350 Stores Road
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4
Canada

Tel 1-604-822-3679
Fax 1-604-822-3619

"PERFECTA FINGAMUS SERVIAT NATURA"

intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).  It
must not be disclosed to any person without the writer's authority.  If you
are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose,
copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.