[sdiy] what I got myself for Christmas.

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:24:50 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM, rdrake <rdrake at data2action.com> wrote:
> I've decided to upgrade the power outlets in my studio with the "Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket": http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=110-439&vReviewShow=1&vReviewRand=3414797.  The user reviews have convinced me these will make a dramatic improvement in all aspects of my sound, and probably in my (admittedly pathetic) life.
>
> I'm reluctant to do a "blindfold" test, since mains voltages are involved.  Anybody else tried these?  Any tips?  I got the volume discount by buying a dozen, sure hope they're worth the money.

Of course, you know all of that is worthless without a super-dee-duper AC cord
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/85164
A bargain at $199 for a 1 meter cord... because we all know that
electrons won't travel properly through a low-quality AC cable.

BTW, apparently there are several companies that sell AC wall outlets
in the $100 to $200 range with a straight face. The above linked
"Music Direct" included. Pure weapons-grade Balonium, that one...

Tim (my AC cable can beat up your AC cable) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings