[sdiy] Henry Walmsley's page

Ian Fritz ijfritz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 26 17:38:16 CET 2009

At 02:45 AM 12/26/2009, Scott Nordlund wrote:
>The problem with super low resolution waveforms, in my opinion, is
>
>that they can be too buzzy with very limited control of harmonics.
>
>They do have a nice gritty timbre, but too often can sound rather
>
>samey.

They can sound a bit samey, especially if you move the sliders around
quickly -- your ear seems to get saturated with so much information.  But
if you set a waveform, listen to it carefully for a while then move a
slider just a tad you will hear a very distinct change in timbre.  So you
can really get a huge range of useful distinct timbres. I'd say there is
pretty good control of harmonic content, although you might usually want to
take a bit off the top. But listen to the the demos and decide for yourself.

Ian