[sdiy] Henry Walmsley's page

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 24 21:25:58 CET 2009

On Dec 24, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Tim Parkhurst wrote:

> The Arp 1600 series sequencer will do that (track at 1v/oct).
> Actually, all you need to do is use a 1V/oct VCO as the clock and
> you're all set. The trick is getting the VCO to run fast enough to use
> the sequence CV as audio, but if you're looking for LFO range, then
> most VCOs will easily fill the bill.

The electronic music lab at Wash U had an ARP 2600 sitting on top of an ARP 2500. I remember experimenting with running the sequencer on the 2500 at audio rates; it was a blast.

The teacher was a guy named Rich O'Donnell - I really enjoyed his classes. We had a Mac in the lab, but he was a big Amiga fan. If I remember right he was also a percussionist for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra. When he played audio examples in class, he tended to turn up the volume quite a bit. ;)

I think there was also a Moog modular and a Buchla 100 type system over in one corner, which we never used.

- Aaron