[sdiy] Buchla 257 is an extremely strange circuit

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Dec 16 22:46:43 CET 2009

Hi Alan,

actually, using three LEDs + one phototransistor is quite a good idea!
If you look at the old Buchla quad spatializer joystick, you'll see it's
made with optoelectronics under the hood. A bit more mechanical problems
to solve than electronic, but it's a bit Neanderthal and therefore I
like it.

Best!
D.

--