[sdiy] panel formats

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Nov 20 12:54:30 CET 2008

Hi Pala,

Well, 4U high seems to make sense right now, mostly because of the
dimensions for carry on baggage in Europe: 500 x 400 x 200mm. And since
I have some bigger-than-EURO sized boards from Tellun and CGS, I need
something that will fit those, but not as big as MOTM (5U = 222.25mm) .
4U = 177.8mm, so 8U = 355.6mm high. So I can fit two rows of modules in
this case with some room to spare on the top and bottom even. I make my
own panels anyways, and will have the case built to size.

And besides that, I love the size of the Buchla 200 modules, so that's
an extra bonus!

best,
D.

--