[sdiy] Korg Polysix - now weirdness

Karl Ekdahl elektrodwarf at yahoo.se
Wed Nov 19 20:16:55 CET 2008

Hi list

So i installed new processors in the polysix (thanks peter!), but to no avail. In my desperation however i disconnected the keyboard connector and tried shorting the different pins together - Sound!! Of course i got multiple notes playing but at least the things was doing *something*. I wondered if the diodes were blown or put in the wrong way, but the only way i can get it to work is by bypassing the diodes or putting them in the wrong way - which of course yields multiple notes, again. So what the hell is going on?? I'm now considering whether ALL the pull-up resistors to the keyboard could be blown??

Karl