[sdiy] 2xD / Digital Module .. saving samples

Jason Tribbeck Jason.Tribbeck at ascom.com
Wed Nov 19 14:09:18 CET 2008

Hi,

> I'd like to make the footprint as generic as possible, but there seem
> be a few different variations out there, so I thought I'd run past
this
> list what my limited research has come up with ...
>
> The capacity needs to be 4M-bit, or 8M-bit to be able to store 2
> alternative 'memory locations'.
>
> Package:
> 8 pin SOIC with 208-mil wide body
>
> Pin-outs:
> 1 - ! Chip Select
> 2 - Data Output
> 3 - ! Write Protect Input
> 4 - Ground
> 5 - Data Input / Output (although to be more generic this would only
be
> implemented as Data Input)
> 6 - Serial Clock Input
> 7 - ! Hold Input
> 8 - VCC (3.3V)

Looks like it's a standard Flash/FRAM/EEPROM SPI device, 25xxx series.

The other option is an I2C interface - but that's a real pain (unless
you can do it in hardware). SPI's always seemed much simpler to me.

(Guess which series I went for on my last project, and regretted it :)
).
--
Jason Tribbeck