[sdiy] 2xD / Digital Module .. saving samples

Seb Francis seb at burnit.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 13:54:04 CET 2008

I should actually get on with the hardware design in a minute, but
thought I'd share a couple more ideas...

Been thinking about sampler mode and how if you got a really good loop
going around that it would be nice to be able to save it easily.  So I'm
considering laying a footprint for an SPI Flash RAM on the board.

I'd like to make the footprint as generic as possible, but there seem to
be a few different variations out there, so I thought I'd run past this
list what my limited research has come up with ...

The capacity needs to be 4M-bit, or 8M-bit to be able to store 2
alternative 'memory locations'.

Package:
8 pin SOIC with 208-mil wide body

Pin-outs:
1 - ! Chip Select
2 - Data Output
3 - ! Write Protect Input
4 - Ground
5 - Data Input / Output (although to be more generic this would only be
implemented as Data Input)
6 - Serial Clock Input
7 - ! Hold Input
8 - VCC (3.3V)

Does this look generic to more experienced eyes?

Seb