[sdiy] Sound problems on Yamaha CP60M electroacoustic piano

Gil W. gil_we at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 23:29:20 CET 2008

I don't know if has anything to do with the recap that I made to my CP60M piano (I replaced only the ones in the in/out board, with same types and values) but I recently noticed that it started to behave strangely -

1. There is always a very low ticking noise that is heard also when the volume is fully down (no sound).

2. When I engage and effect using any of the two available effect send/return loops, there will always a loud hiss noise be heard (with any effect unit).

Will you have a listen and let me know about any ideas ? Thanks

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/13/285304/CP60M%20sound%20problems.mp3