[sdiy] digital recording of analog synths: your Pro Tools experience?

rdrake rdrake at data2action.com
Tue Nov 18 22:45:59 CET 2008

all,

my ADAT is on it's last legs, so i'm looking for a new recording rig.  i generally record multiple tracks of modular analog improv and then mix down... i've never had cut n paste edit capabilities so that would be a new horizon.  i do bug music.

anyone have experience with any of the various Pro Tools LE systems in a similar working context?  I'm looking at a macBook + Digidesign 003 Rack, which seems like it would be pretty powerful and a fair bang for the buck--comparable to what the ADAT set me back a few years ago, and lots more features.

any opinions welcome.

thx
bbob