[sdiy] East Coast Environment Destroys Gear

Ken Elhardt ken.elhardt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:57:03 CET 2008

With new thread names and people responding via private email, it's
not making this easy.

Thanks David Anderson for the pad conductivity product suggestion.
However a couple of pads are gone now and a few didn't look like
they'd make contact when the key is depressed.  Seems like replacing
the keyboard pads and foam (the foam acts as kind of a spring) would
be the way to go to solve all the problems.  But it may be time to gut
the computers for parts and power supplies and sell off any
potentially working peripherals.  I'll take an internal look at the
drives for any obvious damage first though.

And to Mike, I've also had an audio tape player where the belt turned
to goo.  And I'm hoping it's not the disks that are the problems.
Visually, they look just fine.  But I'll investigate.

-Elhardt