[sdiy] Why did (does?) Don Buchla like 68K resistors so much?

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Tue Nov 18 06:02:17 CET 2008

Because he probably bought a bag of 2,000 surplus :)

When I was at Data General designing mini-computers and video terminals, all
the engineers would 'sneak in' a 9.1K resistor in *every* design. We decided
one day at lunch (after >1 beers) that the 9.1K was probably the most
under-used resistor in history, and decided to do our part in correcting
that situation. I'm sure the buyers hated us: we *never* used 10K at all.

Paul S.