[sdiy] Group buys: Alpha-style, dual pots, and Joysticks (WAS: RE: Dual-gang reverse-log pot group buy ?)

Bruce Duncan modcan at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 17 19:57:02 CET 2008

One thing to watch out for on Asian pots is the shaft sizes are often metric.
Alpha makes a true 1/4" shaft while others are
often 6mm. It is not a big difference but
North American style knobs will rotate in a
non-concentric way on shafts that are undersize.
It looks wonky.

I made this mistake buying from non-alpa supplier
and now have 1000 10K pots I can't use.

Bruce