[sdiy] Sampler mode...

Seb Francis seb at burnit.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:37:45 CET 2008

mike ruberto wrote:
> The Casio FZ-1 allowed the user to set the loop point with the data
> slider which was quite an interesting thing to do when the sample was
> being triggered by a sequencer. Perhaps you can use CV inputs for the
> loop start and end points.

You mean instead of looping the whole sample between the playback start
and end points, have a separate definably loop start and end?

I guess it's also going to need some kind of amplitude envelope with
release, otherwise it would be pointless having a loop end point as well
as a playback end point.  An AR envelope is probably a good thing to
have with a couple more CVs to control it...

> The FZ-1 was also the only sampler I know of that allowed up to 8
> separate loops per sample. If it is at all possible perhaps you can
> consider adding that too...

Not sure how useful that would be in a CV based sampler - sounds like a
feature that would be better with proper editing interface with waveform
display, etc.  Also, I'm not actually sure how useful that would be in a
'performance' situation.  And if not in a performance situation then one
is probably not going to be using a CV based sampler.

The sampler I use (Native Instruments Kontakt 3) allows up to 8 sample
loops.  Can't say I've ever used more than 1!

Seb