[sdiy] Beginners guide to ATMEL programming?

ChristianH chris at chrismusic.de
Mon Nov 17 12:42:26 CET 2008

One addition which might be useful.

Because I have 5V power on my own board, and since for this very reason I
removed the target power jumper on the STK board anyway, I thought I
could omit the 5V from my ISP connector.
Bad idea. Some sending circuit on the STK won't get powered, maybe just
a lousy pull up resistor. In other words, it just won't work this way.

Took me hours to find out...

Chris