[sdiy] dsPIC CV input protection

Seb Francis seb at burnit.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 14:06:42 CET 2008

Mattias Rickardsson wrote:
> 2008/11/15 Seb Francis <seb at burnit.co.uk>:
>
>> So really the only sensible solution does seem to be to run the opamp at the
>> appropriate supply voltage so it saturates before the voltage goes out of
>> range.
>>

> People often want to avoid saturating OP-amps,

I guess this depends on the type of opamp and whether they suffer from
latch-up or other bad behaviour when going too close to the rails.
There are plenty of rail-to-rail output opamps out there (and also ones
with rail-to-tail input too, although this isn't necessary for an
inverting configuration as the inputs are always at 0V)

Seb