[sdiy] dsPIC CV input protection

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sat Nov 15 13:10:24 CET 2008

Would it be a bad idea to skip the OP-amp buffer and have a passive
input attenuation, with two ordinary diodes (connected in reverse to
ground and dsPICsupply) added as protection?
(Assuming that the dsPIC survives input voltages reaching one PN
voltage drop outside the desired input range)

I have no experience with dsPIC, but with the many A/D inputs of
today's microcontrollers it is nice to have as minimalistic input
circuitry as possible to reduce outboard component count. :-)

/mr