[sdiy] Touch Pad controller

Justin Owen juzowen at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:02:53 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ingebretsen [dingebre at 3dphysics.net]
Subject: [sdiy] Touch Pad controller

> Is there a design out there for a touch pad controller that will give me a +/-5 volt X, Y, and A control with a gate? I've
> not seen a suitable commercial one. A joystick is an option, but I like the idea of a touch pad.

Here's some links to companies that make/sell touch pads/sensors of one sort or another - when I found these (ages ago) I was looking for pads that might also be velocity sensitive - so there's probably more touch-only pads out there.

http://www.eowave.com/
http://www.iee.lu/content.php?rub=m2_3
http://www.interlinkelectronics.com/force_sensors/products/micronav/micronavtouchpad.html?specs=1
http://www.qprox.com/products/page-16035/QT100A.html

Trying to buy less than thousands from some of these places might prove difficult - but if anyone here has any luck - I'd love to hear about it!