[sdiy] keeping signals seperate..avoiding noise

George Hearn georgehearn at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 14 10:57:29 CET 2008

Unwanted coupling in synth DIY is almost invariably going to be dominated by
capacitive coupling rather than electromagnetic.  Cables randomly laying
over eachother would be better in this case than cables running side by side
their whole length.  Avoid running sensitive audio signals along ribbon
cable for example with other digital signals.
	One thing I've found before is on a 2 VCO synth design I had a
switch for syncing VCO1 to VCO2.  I used a flat ribbon cable to the switch
and the VCO's would sync whether the switch was open or closed simply due to
the capacitive coupling between the two wires.  George