[sdiy] Another FPGA Synth

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Fri Nov 14 02:39:47 CET 2008

I'm getting first sound from a new FPGA synth.  This one is a 55 voice polysynth using 55 digital waveguides to form a "harp" of 55 strings.  The harp is organized as 8 mini-harps each supporting up to 7 strings.  the state machine  processes all 8 mini-harps in parallel.  Sample rate is 198.14 KHz.  I'm currently working out the bugs and making adjustments, but it works!  It is MIDI triggered with an embedded PicoBlaze controller.

-- ScottG
-- Scott Gravenhorst
-- FPGA MIDI Synthesizer Information: home1.gte.net/res0658s/FPGA_synth/
-- FatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/fatman/
-- NonFatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/electronics/