[sdiy] dsPIC33 question..

ASSI Stromeko at nexgo.de
Thu Nov 13 17:55:01 CET 2008

On Donnerstag 13 November 2008, Seb Francis wrote:
> This looks like a neat little SRAM chip.  And the dsPIC can use DMA
> for SPI.  But unfortunately 32kByte isn't going to be anywhere near
> enough for a decent delay time.  (Actually I think you can get PICs
> with 32kByte of RAM built in anyway).

That's why I said you need to gang them.  SI/SO goes to all of them in
parallel and /CS selects whichever you are going to use (SO is
tristate until the device is selected and gets a command to output
something and an unselected device ignores everything coming in on
SI).

Ramtron has an FRAM with 256kx8 organization and SPI interface, but
I'm sure this would be more expensive than eight SPI SRAM and perhaps
a 3-to-8 decoder.

Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk]>+