[sdiy] Looking for schematic for simple percussive envelope generator

Adam Schabtach lists at studionebula.com
Sat Nov 8 00:39:10 CET 2008

Dear Lazyweb:

I'm seeking a schematic for a simple envelope generator with the following
features:

-One control for decay. Attack is always "instantaneous".
-One control for hold time, which is the duration that the output stays
fully on before it starts to decay. This should range from zero to, oh, half
a second or so.
-Positive-edge triggered. I'd like to be able to trigger it with a rising
edge and not worry about how long the pulse I send it has to be.
-Small parts count (of course). I want to cram four of these into one
module, along with some other stuff.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Yes, I know how to use
Google, and yes, I've looked at various EG schematics (mostly ADSRs). I'm
hoping that someone will look at the above feature list and go "oh yeah, you
need ...".

Thanks--
--Adam