[sdiy] Korg Poly 61 mod help

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Nov 5 17:55:31 CET 2008

Travis,

It doesn't look too hard from the schematics, although I haven't
found a decent copy of those.

http://www.dompselaar.org/Korg/Poly61/poly61c.jpg

(the others are in this same folder)

As you say, it's a matter of figuring out where the control voltage
comes from the cpu
and goes to the analog chips. In the case of filter frequency (Fc) I
think it's at the bottom of IC42 (uPD-8255, top RHS) where 6 digital
lines feed an op-amp mixer to make a very basic DAC. You could feed a
voltage into the op-amp mixer (IC38? 36? can't read it clearly).
The set up for resonance is very similar and just below on the
circuit diagram.

Making this modification will allow you to change the cutoff without
stepping, so I say go for it.

Hope this helps,
Tom