[sdiy] white noise from resistor?

harrybissell at wowway.com harrybissell at wowway.com
Wed Nov 5 15:04:12 CET 2008

Could be done... but I think you will find you need a whole lot of gain
and it will be hard to decouple, shield, etc to get the unwanted noise
level down.  I have seen a schematic for this to generate RF noise... but you
only get some 10's of millivolts of noise from it.  I would not go down this
road myself.

Could you use some PIC micro to get pseudo-random and would that be good
enough ?  There was some thread on list about this...

H^) harry

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 00:33:46 +1100, Paul Perry wrote