[sdiy] ARP pro-soloist oddity or..am I just totally missing it? 74150?

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Tue Nov 4 21:18:17 CET 2008

Yes Z6 and Z11 we're talking about.  NAND right. I was remembering Z8
for some reason.  No matter we have open collector outputs and the right
signals are on the inputs.  There's nothing but low voltage noise on the
outputs at any time.   SOME of the keys on a particular octave buss will
produce a tiny change in voltage on the appropriate output.  But not
enough to invoke a state change in the 74150's input.  And on 10X probe
I still get close to 0V on all of the inputs at all times. So there's
just zero activity there so it's the point of trouble whatever the case
I'm sure.