[sdiy] A transformer question.

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Nov 4 12:55:31 CET 2008

Hi Tom,

UK mains voltage got standardised to the rest of Europe in the '90s,
I think. It used to be 240V, but is now 230V.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071231111551AAK7Azx

According to the link above, they changed the spec from 240V +/-6% to
230V +/-10%, which means that 240V is still in spec.

Regards,
Tom