[sdiy] ARP pro-soloist oddity or..am I just totally missing it? 74150?

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Tue Nov 4 11:36:17 CET 2008

There's a note on my crumar DS-1 page about a problem with their
design.. on at least some of those units they failed to pull up or down
...can't recall...the input of a gate that was involved in switching the
waveform.  On mine at least the voltage would gradually wonder after you
made your selection and in some seconds it would start rapidly toggling
between waveforms :-).

Anyway these dont' seem to be pulling up at all so maybe it's just a bad
74150. I'll try installing some pullups to see what happens..  I thought
possibly something was left off the schematic or something since I
haven't gone to the work to pull the board up to see where all the
traces go (requires pulling all the trigger wires out of the plastic
guides...), and thought someone might have seen the problem on this
particular unit.  Thanks for the thoughts, -Bob