[sdiy] Oscillator question

Antti Pitkämäki anpitkam at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 21:01:13 CET 2008

Hi!

A few days ago I asked about a problem on my Vox Continental II. I have an idea on how to fix it, but I still want to ask one more time to be sure:

If you have analog audio oscillators that have an input for pitch modulation, and if all of the oscillators are being modulated simultaneously by the same low frequency oscillator (for vibrato), and if some of the oscillators have much heavier (deeper) modulation than others as a result, can the source for this problem be in the low frequency oscillator? Or is the problem more likely in the audio oscillators?

Quickly thinking, it would be weird if the LFO was the source of the problem, but the whole problem of greatly varying vibrato depth is also quite weird, considering I have tried changing some of the components that should affect the depth, but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
Antti P.