[sdiy] easy way to reduce synth levels to guitar FX Levels?

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:50:43 CET 2008

if i have a synth level output which is going to be switched between ON and bypass and then fed into other FX pedals and an amp, should I, and if so, how should I reduce the levels to a more manageable level?

I assume the ASM2 vco puts out either a 5 or a 10 v p to p signal, which is obviously far hotter than a regular guitar signal.

The unit will have a volume control (in wet mode) so that will help, but it would be awkward if i was playing it and i forgot the volume was all the way up. if i stepped from BYPASS (guitar) to ON (synth and filter), it would most likely blow the amp!

I know how to use an opamp to ADD gain but not how to reduce it.

any ideas appreciated!!!!

thnx
check out various dan music at:

http://www.myspace.com/lossnyc