[sdiy] Disassembling MKS-70 Power Supply

Csaba Zvekan czvekan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 19:26:21 CET 2008

Hi Group,

My Roland MKS-70 (SUPER JX) 's power supply is failing . After two
seconds it shuts off. I am suspecting capacitors on the power supply
board. Can anybody tell me an easy way to get to it. Before I make
some stupid mistakes?
It looks like I have to loosen the VOICE boards that are on hinges ,
right ?
I googled the MKS series and they seem to be a bit flaky in age.
Also maybe one of you knows already the problem. What's the deal with
the sensing in the circuit ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Csaba