[sdiy] Anybody seen a Vaco Orchestron?

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Sun Nov 2 07:04:11 CET 2008

Interesting machine..I guess there weren't a lot of them made.  The unit
we have is in great shape externally but someone left it in a flight
case in some basement that leaked in Butte, MT .  The disks appear to be
pretty much ruined.  The photosensetive material has faded off a good
portion of every disk I've looked at so far.  It is a silver emulsion
process they used I believe on plastic.    Anybody ever dealt with one
of these?  I'm sure we can get the mechanical aspects going again..  two
keyboards, two disk drives for LP sized disks :-).  They are reading
analog optical I believe.  -Bob