[sdiy] Vestax multipole potentiometers

mark verbos mverbos at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 1 20:05:19 CET 2008

Those pots are specially designed to allow a different gain and
reduction on either side of unity. They only allow +4dB of gain per
band, but infinite reduction. The channels are stereo. The schematic
show pins 1,2,3 are on the left side 4,5,6 are on the right side and
7 is ground. The ground is a center tap to make the detent in the
middle actually zero. With an asymmetrical control like that, I think
a center tap is the only way it would match up.

mark