[sdiy] OT: Huntron Tracker for repairing

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Mar 27 22:11:07 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 16:52, Barry Klein wrote:
> Anyone have experience with the Huntron Tracker for repair?
> I see them on eBay and Craigslist once in awhile.  Seems newer ones are
> more ideal for low voltage circuitry - or maybe they don't work too well
> with the more modern designs?  The unit works like a curve tracer on
> unpowered circuitry.  Perhaps the old units can damage low voltage
> circuits? I would like something like this here at work for our tech to go
> through defective boards with.  But also I'm curious if it would help me
> quickly find the future shorted caps in my Memorymoogs....

I've only recently become aware of that particular instrument,  and yet there
are a whole *bunch* of designs for similar stuff out there on the 'net,  of
varying design but most of which are pretty simple to build,  just hook 'em
up to your scope.

What Memorymood caps are you finding problems with,  BTW?  Been a long time
since I worked on one of those...

-
M Dakin