[sdiy] OT: Huntron Tracker for repairing

Barry Klein Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com
Thu Mar 27 21:52:29 CET 2008

Anyone have experience with the Huntron Tracker for repair?
I see them on eBay and Craigslist once in awhile.  Seems newer ones are more
ideal for low voltage circuitry - or maybe they don't work too well with the
more modern designs?  The unit works like a curve tracer on unpowered
circuitry.  Perhaps the old units can damage low voltage circuits?
I would like something like this here at work for our tech to go through
defective boards with.  But also I'm curious if it would help me quickly
find the future shorted caps in my Memorymoogs....

Barry