[sdiy] Cap assortment?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Mar 26 11:58:11 CET 2008

This list got posted a while back:

http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/misc/sdiy-parts.txt

I wouldn't get too hung up on the specifics, since it's made for
specific PCBs/designs and such, but the values seem to cover just about
everything common and useful.

best,
d.

synth junk wrote:
> My caps are garbage, I never have the right values for synth work.
> When I do they're usually nasty disc caps. In fact, I literally have
> something like 4000 of several useless values in huge bags.
>
> I want to stock the box so that means buying a bunch all at once.
> Trying to make my way through digikey or mouser is a nightmare. I
> really just don't know what to get. Can anyone recommend either
> several assortments, or, some specific ranges of part numbers that are
> a particularly good value?
>
> As an example, I have no problem buying resistors I just go for the 1%
> guys 200 at a time from mouser. I don't bother with 5% resistors at
> all anymore unless I already have them and don't specifically need a
> 1%.
>
> BTW: Despite the fact that you can get all 14 "All for one money",
> this is not what I have in mind.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/BIG-lot-14-Jim-pack-MY-1-22-022-100-Capacitors-100v_W0QQitemZ290119379613QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4662QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
>
> thanks,
> david

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 37:
"Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element"