[sdiy] Adaption 14V gate <-> 5V gate

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Mar 25 18:30:54 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 08:58, Florian Anwander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to build a little interface which converts between the 14V gate
> of my System 100 to 5V gates of other devices.
> Do you know wether there are any known traps, or can I simply use a
> potentiometer for outgoing gate and a comparator for incoming gate?

If you want to process more than one signal,  I recall a bunch of "level
shifter" parts.  For example,  going low-to-high there's the 40109 (which I
happen to have a bunch of NOS of,  175 pcs it seems).  The 4049 or 4050 will
go the other way,  I think.  Probably a bunch of other numbers out there
too...

-
M Dakin