[sdiy] Adaption 14V gate <-> 5V gate

harrybissell at wowway.com harrybissell at wowway.com
Tue Mar 25 14:31:41 CET 2008

For the 14V to 5V I'd use a series resistor and a 5.1V
zener diode.  The resistor value will depend on how much current the
source can provide and how much load the 5V side needs.

A potentiometer (or resistor divider) will not give a stable voltage
if the load changes  (well it can, if the divider is MUCH lower in
resistance than the load)

I'd try a 1K series resistor and a 5.1V zener. That would give a
10mA drain on the source.

H^) harry

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:58:12 +0100, Florian Anwander wrote