[sdiy] Microchip DSP kit $60 > AVR32

Jim Patchell patchell at cox.net
Sat Mar 22 16:00:39 CET 2008

The new XMega AVR is also looking very promising.  It will have the
ability to do a lot of things in hardware ( DMA, Event Routing) that
will help a lot in increasing the amount of work the processor can
do...plus the 32MIPs processing speed.

There are other free tools available for the AVR such as Ethernut.  It
is a combination RTOS/TCP-IP Stack that works really nice.  I am in the
process of writing a server (running on Windoz) and client (running on
an Ethernut board) that will do MIDI over Ethernet.