[sdiy] Re: Modern transistor matching

Dave Manley dlmanley at sonic.net
Fri Mar 21 06:52:54 CET 2008

The Diodes Inc DMMT3904 part uses two die that were adjacent on the
wafer, so the process variation should be practically zero.

I wonder if the analog ic world is benefiting from the digital march
down from microns to nanometers.  Has a lot of "obsolete" equipment been
retargeted to analog processes, bringing up the quality level many fold
- are they effectively cutting 2x4s with laser beams?  What micron
process is used for something like a 3904?  My googling didn't turn up
anything.

-Dave