SV: Re: SV: Re: [sdiy] Compensating PTC and NTC resistors

René Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Tue Mar 18 19:15:08 CET 2008

Hi Neil and all,

Neil Johnson schrieb:
> From: karl dalen <dalenkarl at yahoo.se>
>
>> So are Elbys calculations right or wrong?!
>> http://www.elby-designs.com/datasheets/tempco.pdf
>
> (minor correction)
>
> As Ian said, the *equation* is correct, the *numbers* are a little off.

Correct, but still only of theoretical interest, because you don't
really know the *actual* tempco of the series resistor. Could be +50 or
-50ppm... If you stick in 0 for TC2 it degrades to the form I have been
using. If you stick in the borders, you can use it to assess how large
the errors might be.

Cheers,
  René