[sdiy] JH tripple chorus questions

JH. jhaible at debitel.net
Tue Mar 11 09:14:05 CET 2008

The way I got the best stereo effect is described on my Triple Chorus page:
http://www.jhaible.heim.at/triple_chorus/triple_chorus.html

Stereo effect using individual outputs (390 kB mp3)
http://www.jhaible.heim.at/triple_chorus/jh_string_ensemble_demo_stereo_r8b.mp3
Yes, we can do Stereo, with the individual outputs.
My first thought was to take the 3 individual outputs and mix them, one
panned left, one center, and one right. But then the "Ensemble" effect falls
apart, and the modulation sounds overly strong. I think you can do a lot of
experiments with mixing the individual outputs, and will find interesting
configurations.
The above sound sample was made with a very simple setup, however:
The full mix (main output) goes to one channel, and one individual channel
goes to the other. The two channels are then panned almost (but not totally)
left and right on the mixing desk.

JH.