[sdiy] DIY strobe tuner?

anthony aankrom at bluemarble.net
Sat Mar 8 22:26:00 CET 2008

I can't remember if we've discussed this: anyone know of or has done a DIY
strobe tuner? I'm talking about the kind with the spinning wheel, etc. etc..
What kind of motor do those use? I have a BIG universal motor I got out of
an old Remington Rand adding machine (the case of which will be used for
some kind of bomb-proof synth project...). I also have acces to some old
Hammond M-series organs. Do those have synchronous motors? Is that the kind
of motor? I seem to remember a discussion involving strobe tuners and the
motor being the sticking issue...

cheers,
Anthony