SV: Re: [sdiy] audio microprocessors and C++

Veronica Merryfield veronica.merryfield at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 7 06:59:01 CET 2008

It's worth looking at the Intel XScale and the Freescale processors
since I believe they have a MAC. With the XScale, it is through a trap
door and I have forgotten the exact method. My knowledge on the
freescale is sketchier but I seem to remember from discussions that it
has a MAC.

I spent a few year working at Symbian on the front line with customers
supporting the porting of the OS (kernel and device drivers) to the
phone makers hardware then a few year being a program manager for a
consultancy companies Symbian group working in the mobile sector.

By the way, the XScale can run staggeringly fast if need be and
without being too much of a power hog. The XScale and OMAP, and
possibly others, also have sophisticated power saving features.  Yes,
ARM MCUs are getting really cheap. There are excellent free tools and
cheap JTAG adaptors if anyone ever thinks of playing with an ARM MCU.

Vrnc