[sdiy] Yamaha CS-15D schematic

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Thu Mar 6 00:39:00 CET 2008

That's correct.  He's been with them for a long time.  Nice guy.  His
official word of course has to be that these are Yamaha's intellectual
property.  I presented the fact that

1) Nobody is going to use the schematics to try to put these into
production since you can't get more than a few parts here and there.

2) The only people who even own them are collectors or people like me
who just have to have that sound :-)  These products aren't even in the
same category as anything they are currently marketing or likely will in
the future.  They are big, limited, yet beautiful in their own way to
those who have them of course.

So I wondered if Yamaha might want to make an exception on these and he
brought up ebay sellers etc. which of course would increase (people
selling copies that is.  Selling actual Yamaha manuals is something that
anyone is free to do if they purchased them of course.  They just don't
have the right to copy them for distribution.)

Anyway he said just contact him if you are an individual in the US who
needs one for repair or whatever and sometimes he'll send an OVERALL
diagram.  Not service manuals.  All Yamaha has in pdf are the overall's
on the older stuff and block diagrams and those are only available for
servicers who have an agreement with them.  -Bob