[sdiy] Power Supply PCB

mike ruberto somnium7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:08:10 CET 2008

>From my recent experience with the PSU of Doom I have designed a new
PSU unit which is the functional equivalent of that one with my added
upgrades. I am designing the PCB now and it's almost finished.

This unit will be capable of any split-rail voltage via programming
with zener diodes. Output voltage can be calculated as Vz + 1.25 + 0.6
and I included options to use extra diodes or LEDs to help getting the
target voltage easier.

The PSU can be built with a pass transistor stage for a maximum
current up to 4 amps. Or the 3 pin regulator can be used on it's own
for a maximum of 1.5A.

I attempted to incorporate all the "quiet running" practices I
researched online including separate ground paths for the regulator
adjustment network.

I am going to run PCBs of this for myself. If there is any interest I
can assemble a group-buy on these PCBs.
This time I will play it smart though and get a test run of PCBs made
before the main order.

As before, let me know off list if you are interested. I'll try to
post some technical details later on.

Mike