[sdiy] converting white noise to pink noise

harrybissell at wowway.com harrybissell at wowway.com
Tue Mar 4 16:45:53 CET 2008

The MM5837 is really just misapplied in synth applications.
The repeatability is a boon in apps like room equalization and
other audio measurements.

Compared to most semiconductor junction noise sources, its really
good.

Just sucks for synthesizers...

I don't know od another single-chip noise source, although some
have suggested that a small PIC micro might be prorammed to perform
this function.

Magnus Danielson has a list (somewhere) of optimum LFSR
noise sources.

I have one made with three chips (4001, 2x 4006) that does not
noticibly repeat...

H^) harry

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:38:43 -0500, Robert Lorentz wrote