[sdiy] Atlanta SDIY.....NOT JUST FOR Aaron! 8^p LATE NIGHT SHOW in ATL oakley 3031 ROCKING!

Nathan Reeves djservs at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 07:52:58 CET 2008

Ok, so the mean age on this list is 40+ or something like that.......

(PREAMBLE RAMBLE)

We established that most people on this list are older  than I (i am a
mer 28, which seems young for this list even though I dont think that
this means you have to be 'old' to be into electronics, even though it
seems like people older than I have more experience that is VERY
IMPORTANT to electronics learning
which (by law) means that they are (far) better than I at
electronics....LOL
I need someone local to get down and dirty with SDIY.....

(PREAMBLE RAMBLE)

I have a B.S. in Physics, so I took 1 semester of Electronics as was a
requirement at my university...

THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA.....

I don't want to single out Aaron Lantermann, who i believe is local as
he teaches at GA TECH

(Sorry Aaron,  I am a Dawwwg fan but to be honest GA Tech has a way
better program than our state university, if

  anything we would get our solutions for E&M and QM from the physics
site at GA TECH......

  I want to take the analog electronics as i feel its more synth based
than DSP based stuff)

OK, my question FINALLY, the topic of this post.....

IS  THERE ANYONE, besides Aaron, in the immediate area ( i guess this
means atlanta plus the surrounding states,

  AL, FL etc...) that wants to do a SDIY meetup like they seem to do
out west?....
.
I am a noob when it comes to SDIY, and I feel left out sometimes when
the gurus talk about band pass filters versus HP

filters, their designs and etc etc....

I think i would soak up electronics more if i could go to a place with
like-minded people....

So, Aaron, do you have time to get some people out to a local SDIY?

Can you make your students do a SDIY project that also qualifies as a
REGULAR ANALOG ELECTRONICS PROJECT?

Is this even appropriate to ask?

ANYONE ELSE ON THIS LIST IN THE SOUTHEAST WILLING TO DO A SDIY MEETING?

  \LIKE THEY DO OUT WEST?  WHICH STATE IS BESTEST AT SDIY?

MY GUESS IS CALIFORNIA BUT LET ME KNOW WHERE YOUR FROM.....

SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF EUROPEANS & AUSSIES ARE ON THE LIST

Cheers,

Nate aka LONELY SDIY in ATL aka DIRTY SOUF!

P.s. Sorry for the rant post, just got back into town maybe the jet
lag is getting me......LOL