[sdiy] out of print books

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Fri Sep 28 01:43:41 CEST 2007

I have a copy of the 3rd edition of the IC op-amp cookbook & I find it
useable (OK the printing COULD be better).

If you want complete finished circuits with every last bypass cap, then this
isn't the book.
But for an account of WHY and HOW circuits work & ideas on how to realize
your dream, yeah, it's a great book.
The book DOES require thought.

So far as Amazon prices are concerned - anyone who looks only at Amazon for
books, is going to get ripped sometimes. Just go to google, put in the name
of the book you want plus 'price' and, usually you will find it for less
than Amazon.
The 'gouging' sellers on Amazon, are usually people who wait till there are
no copies of a particular book listed, then list a cheap copy owned by
another seller elsewhere (marking it up  five times or so) and then, when it
'sells' on Amazon, get the actual owner to "dropship' to the buyer.
Amazon knows this, Amazon could not give a shit about it (because 1. they
get the fees, and 2. they don't want anyone to know that there are other
places to buy books.)
(OK, there are no Boscorelli bargains..... but there are a dozen Cookbooks
out there for around $20 or less.

Paul perry (ex- bookseller) Melbourne Australia